Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Obligatory First Post

Every blog has to start somewhere. I've hemmed and hawed over what my perfect first post would be for months. Should I do a book review? A description of something I just finished knitting? An interview with an author? A funny story? What would be a good introduction to what I want to do on this blog?

In time, I decided I would just start with the litany of sentence fragments above and be done with it (many apologies to my husband, who makes his living editing such nonsense). As the name of this blog implies, I hope to write primarily about two things I love in life: knitting, and literature/movies set in the Regency period.

A few things you should know about me before we get started:
1) Jane Austen is my favorite Regency period author, but I am not at all opposed to modern day Austen knock-offs, or even fan fiction. More on that in a later post.
2) I started knitting a few summers ago on a whim, but didn't get really infatuated with it until I found out about Ravelry. Now I'm totally hooked!

Stay tuned for an upcoming review of Jane Austen Knits, published by Interweave Press. Appropriate, isn't it? I thought so, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment