Monday, July 30, 2012

Ravellenic Games Update: Revised Goals

As I mentioned in my last post, I was a little worried that my goals for the Ravellenic games were a bit too ambitious, especially because I still have to work and takecare of my 5 month old baby. (Said baby is in my lap now, so blame any typos on him!) So I decided to get rid of goal #3- finish a pair of socks. Seeing as I've never knit a pair of socks before, and they really are time-consuming little monsters on tiny needles with thin yarn- this seemed reasonable.

Finished bib #1
So... I sewed the buttons onto the baby sweaters Friday afternoon (after seeing a tweet that the games had officially begun!), and cast on for the bib during opening ceremonies that night. When I finished the bib on Saturday morning, I realized maybe my goals were a bit wimpy. If you finish your goals one day after the Olympics start, that's not really much of a challenge! 

So here's the new goal: I want to finish FIVE bibs for my brother and sister-in-law's baby. I'm well into bib #2 now, many thanks to watching the women's gymnastics competition last night. Speaking of which- my favorite is Gabby Douglas. Her uneven bars routine? Amazing! Her floor routine? I know there was that huge out of bounds slip up, but the dancing and tumbling flowed together so naturally. Gabby Douglas ftw.

Any updates from others on team Sasquatch? How are your goals coming along?

No comments:

Post a Comment